Monday, June 11, 2012

Contemporary baby quilt

June 11, 2012



Here are pics of the baby quilt my friend Rissa made while we were at the lake back in April (wow time has flown by since then).  It is for a young couple she knows that loves contemporary design.  They had requested salmon and grays.  We had some difficulty finding those colors in contemporary, but also good for a baby quilt, type prints.  All in all I think these prints all look great.

It turns out the Michael Miller orange and gray dot (just below the center of the quilt in the pic below)  which was from my stash was a perfect complement to her prints so we swithched out one of the prints she had bought for my dot.  I think it is so cute in the quilt and adds some deeper colors to the overall mix.  Rissa used the black and gray dot stripe as the focal point down the middle of the quilt and on the back.






I love how the quilt turned out.  She decided to machine quilt it with meandering parallel lines.  I think it adds a great soft touch to all of the straight lines of the piecing.  Rissa sent the quilt to her friend Amy and her husband as they live in Texsas.  It just so happened I was with Rissa the day Amy got the quilt, and then called Rissa screaming with excitement over how perfect the quilt was.  She was so excited, and Rissa of course was thrilled. 

1 comment: