Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Thousand Pyramids

I read many blogs, mostly quilting blogs and one of my favorites is mollyflanders.blogspot.com/2011/11/pyramid-quilt.html I really enjoy her posts, and love her quilts.  This pyramid quilt inspired me.  I also love Anthropologie and enjoy their catalogs.  So here is the beginning of my pyramid quilt. 




I was having so much fun cutting out pyramids I think this is going to end up much bigger than originally planned  I used a green and aqua solid that I already had but ran out after 4 rows of each.  So I ended up deciding to piece a couple of rows of just prints together.  Not totally sure I like that, so stopped working on it and decided I needed to get more of the solid fabric, or maybe some other colors of solid fabrics.





I ended up with about 36" x 60" at this point.  I have also found some other colors of solids that I intend to use.  So stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. O I am loving this pyramid quilt already. Since I am quilting again, I would be making yours as a quilt as I go project. The bands of different backgrounds would work perfectly as panels, quilted and joined afterwards. Inspiring.
    And glad you're back.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete